Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Please Excuse the Interruption...

It's been awhile since I posted something other than baby stuff, so I'm taking a few minutes to tell you a sappy story. 
I recently heard the song "I Don't Dance" by Lee Brice and it reminded me of this wonderful little moment Caleb and I had on our honeymoon. 
We were in Las Vegas, walking the strip, and we went through the Bellagio Hotel. As we were walking through it we stumbled upon this little concert. It was just a small stage set up in one of the many wings of the hotel. There were about twenty people sitting around listening to the singer. Caleb and I stopped to listen, just to take a little break from all the walking. 
The guy started to sing a slow song, I don't remember what song it was or if I even knew it. I looked at Caleb and told him we should start dancing. He laughed and replied, "I don't dance." With a little more pestering he finally agreed. I'll admit, I got really nervous when he agreed to it! I didn't think he would and I wasn't so sure I wanted to make a spectacle of myself in front of all these random people. I think I may have even told him I had changed my mind, but we got up and did it anyways. 
So there we were, just the two of us, dancing. It felt like there was no one else around. I just snuggled up close to my cute new husband and danced. When the song was over, I half expected to look up and see that other couples had taken a hint from us and joined in, but nobody had, we were still all alone up there! 
I will never forget that sweet moment. I am beyond grateful that Caleb and I are able to push one another out of our comfort zones and that we can grow together. That's how you know you married a good one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment