Thursday, July 10, 2014

24 Weeks




This week was a good one, even if my emotions were in the dumps. When I was 9 weeks pregnant I made a post about things they never tell you and I'm tempted to do another one, now that I'm further along. However, this one would be all about the emotional side of things. Here's a shortened version of what would be in that blog post. 
I always imagined that being pregnant and having that baby bump would make me so happy. I thought I would relish in the fact that the world was able to see that I was growing a human being inside of me. I thought my mind would know the difference between being fat and being pregnant. Well, I'm here to tell you that that's not what happened. When I look in the mirror I see a huge gross belly that, if I wasn't pregnant, I would be working night and day to make it go away. I worry about what I'm eating because I don't want to gain too much weight and actually be fat, but at the same time I worry that I won't eat enough for Piper to be healthy. That being said I want you all to know that I am eating. I eat whenever I'm hungry and I try to maintain a balanced diet. 
I hate when people make comments to me about my growing middle section and have been tempted to skip out on church or other social activities because I don't want anyone to mention it. I post pictures and updates about it on social media sites so that these comments can be made there and not to me in person. I'm a total freak. I know. I won't let anyone touch my stomach except for my husband and the only reason he's allowed to is because she's his daughter and I don't want to take that experience away from him. Everyone else must back off though. I won't even let my mom touch my stomach. Seriously. I even bought a shirt that says "can't touch this" across the belly. 
Okay, rant over. Now on to other things.

How far along: 24 weeks!

Gender: A sweet baby girl! We are so excited to be adding a princess to our family!

Maternity clothes: I can still wear my jeans. I am only 6 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight and my belly is kind of high so I'm thinking that's why. However, they aren't comfortable. I never was a fan of wearing jeans. So I mostly wear dresses, skirts, or these flowy pants I found at Target! I think they are called palazzos or something to that effect. Anyways, they are big and flowy and feel like pajamas, but they aren't so I am allowed to wear them in public. I love them. 

Stretch marks: Nope.

Belly button in or out: It is still in, but very shallow. 

Sleep: I think Piper heard me taking delight in the fact that I didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee because I have had to do that every single night this week. She's a stinker! I have also increased my water intake by like double what I was drinking before...so that probably plays a factor. 

Best moment this week: I got to visit my kids yesterday! That was a wonderful little treat. Most of my students are in summer school right now so I was able to go see them and spend a little bit of time catching up with my old co-workers. It was so fun to see those cute kids. I sure did miss them. 

Worst moment this week: Cleaning. I was cleaning up my house in anticipation of my aunt and uncle coming and I went into a crazy nesting attack. You've probably heard that pregnant women do that. Well it happened to me. I vacuumed everything, baseboards, blinds, the crevices. Seriously. While doing my little bit of cleaning I picked up a board of wood that Caleb had brought home from work to put it outside. Well, turns out that this particular piece of wood has a little metal shard on it that decided to stick into my skin like a splinter. I bled a lot. For a splinter. It hurt like crazy and I ended up not even getting it all out so I had to soak my finger in white vinegar to get the rest of it. It hurt. So. Bad. 

Miss anything: Sleeping in my stomach. Also, I have forgotten what it feels like to feel normal. I'm not sure that will ever happen to me again. Oh, and I would like to be able to stand for more than 10 minutes without feeling like I'm going to faint...what's up with that? 

Movement: A little more this week than last. When she does move it's more like she's twirling instead of kicking. We may have a dance on our hands!

Cravings: Still no. Maybe I'll never get them. This better not mean that Piper's a picky eater. 

Queasy or sick: Not this week! I am SO grateful to be over that part of the pregnancy. 

Looking forward to: Date night this weekend :) Tomorrow my husband and I are going to do a session at the temple and then on Saturday we are going to go see the Wizard of Oz at Tuachan! We got a really good deal on the tickets so we splurged a little and are going to have the pre-show dinner there as well :) I am very very excited! But I know that watching the show will make me sad that I'm not in a show because that's what always happens. Maybe one day I'll find my way back on stage. 

Extra: Here's the registry link. http://www.target.com/GiftRegistrySearchViewCmd?registryType=BB&jsRequest=true&catalogId=10051&status=completePage&cumulativeTime=-1&listId=GXCHgkyVBN9G_dcj-V7vUQ&noOfPings=&registryFirstName=Rebekah&langId=-1&segmentGrpName=-1&storeId=10151&registryLastName=Hackett Just copy and past that huge thing in...or press here.


Just a little comparison for ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment