Sunday, December 29, 2013

Challenge 2014

It is the end of a great year. So many amazing things happened to me this year. I found a job that I love, despite it's difficulties. I married my Prince Charming in my castle. I have become a happier person. Now it is time for the new year which means new resolutions that no one really intends to keep. Right? I decided to do something a little different this year, in the hope that it will help me to actually achieve a New Year's goal. This year I want to become healthier and I want long hair...pretty silly, but a life-long dream. 

Anyone who knows me knows that I do not have a very strong will when it comes to two things, delicious food and not cutting my hair. I am addicted to both. I eat when I'm bored and I cut my hair when I'm bored (never too drastic). This year I am going to try a month at a time. 

When it comes to food, each month I will choose something unhealthy from my life and delete it. So, for the month of January I am going to stop drinking soda and eating candy. Notice that I said candy...not sweets. I will, however, limit the amounts of sweet I eat for January. Each month I will add on, or, if I'm struggling with what I have already taken out, just work on that a little bit more. Maybe in the process of all this I will even lose a little bit of weight. To document I will share my weight with you each month...that's pretty brave of me I think. 

My hair will probably be the hardest part and I am depending on my friends and family to keep my strong. I will not be cutting my hair for the entire year of 2014. I will get trims to keep it healthy, but that's it. To document this process I will take a picture each month to compare my hair lengths. 
This is probably of no interest to you, but I am excited to take on this project and see how I change from month to month.

Without further ado...the documentation...

Weight: 120.6 lbs 
Hair: 

2 comments:

  1. I have the same goal ... I am not cutting my hair for the whole year too. And I am going getting healthy. So I will positive talk to you and you talk to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is completely awesome. I support you 100%! :)

    ReplyDelete