Monday, February 3, 2014

New Year Resolution: Month Two

I have officially made it past one month of my new year resolution! That means that I have officially kept this resolution longer than any I've ever made! Yay me!
So, this past month was a struggle! I will admit that I did have soda a couple of times and I even had two pieces of chocolate. I know, bad me! I had some pretty good reasons though.
Reason number one of why I drank soda, I was sick, really sick.
Reason number two of why I drank soda, we moved to a new house and the water filter hasn't been changed in who knows how long! Caleb got a glass of water and there was dust floating through the whole cup and a nice little film of yucky on the bottom of the glass. GROSS! So, soda was it for a few days and then we bought some water bottles :)
Reason number one of why I ate chocolate, because I wanted it. That's all.

Now on to February! I am going to continue with the no soda and chocolate thing (leaving out Valentine's Day...a girl's gotta eat chocolate on Valentine's Day! It's mandatory!)
I am also going to drink 80 oz of water every day! According to Doc. Oz that's how much I'm supposed to drink. Yikes! I am going to be going potty all the stinking time!
My hair will continue to grow. I got it trimmed for the first time in a long time this past month so in the picture it doesn't really look like it's grown for a month. Pooey.


Okay, now here's to you my readers (however few you may be).
What are your tips to getting all your water in?
What are your tips for growing out your hair and not DYING of boredom in the process?
Thanks in advance.

:)

2 comments:

  1. You asked of it, so here it is. I'm a believer in what is called the Primal lifestyle (very similar to the Paleo lifestyle with some small but important differences). Mark Sisson, the guy who came up with this, has kept a blog/website for a number of years. One of the things he does is question Conventional Wisdom, and he backs up his findings with much in the way of science and medical findings.

    With all that said, you need to read this:

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-glasses-of-water-a-day/#axzz2sGwQtFV4

    Hope this helps. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could get a Bubba keg in the 70 oz size. This is what I do to get in all of my water for the day. I've included a link below. That one is good because the straw is included. Just remind yourself to keep drinking it on your way to work, throughout the day, at lunch, on your way home and try to finish it before dinner. Then have a tall glass of water when you get home and you should hit or exceed your intake.
    As far as growing your hair out, find fun ways to do your hair at different lengths. If you find a style you like its way more fun to do that more often, because then you like how your hair looks. You'll be surprised how fast it grows when you just love it how it is now (easier said than done, trust me I know) and then its awesome when it gets to the length you want and you can do even more with it. Hope this helps! Love you lots and miss you.

    http://www.amazon.com/Bubba-Insulated-Sport-Assorted-Colors/dp/B000TNCTLQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1391440906&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=Bubba+Keg+70+Oz+Insulated+Mug+Black

    ReplyDelete