Thursday, September 19, 2013

Then Comes Marriage

There's really not much I can say about our wedding day...what do you say about the best day of your life?
Looking across the altar in the temple at the man of my dreams, knowing that we were going to have forever with each other...I couldn't help but smile. Caleb was crying and I was giggling, not out of irreverence, but because I couldn't contain my joy, I was so happy that giggles escaped my mouth...the same way they did when I prayed to know if he was the one the Lord had asked me to wait for. I was overfilled with joy.
Knowing that not only are Caleb and I married on this earth but that we are also sealed for all eternity and that even the bonds of death cannot break our marriage...that's something special. As Caleb and I sat in the temple together afterwards I thought about other religious marriage ceremonies and how they say 'till death do you part' and how terribly sad that is. My love for Caleb is bigger than this world and thinking that one day after I die he may not be there, well that's no heaven I want to know. 
I am grateful for the choices that Caleb and I made in our lives to marry in the temple. I am grateful for the people who stood by our side getting us to that point. A temple marriage is so worth it. When you love someone with a pure heart; a lifetime isn't enough.
The only thing left for me to say is this; girls, it's worth it. Wait for your prince and marry him in the Lord's castle. There is no other joy like it, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment