Monday, November 2, 2015

Dear Piper...Year One

It shocks me to be writing her one year blog post. How is it possible that she has been in our lives for a whole year? It's the strangest thing, your first born turning one, it feels crazy that the past year went so quickly, but then you have to pause and try to remember what life was even like before she was born! She has changed our lives so much!
I'm going to be doing this post a little differently then you are all use to. Growing up my mom always wrote us birthday letters and that is something I have looked forward to doing for Piper. Today is a crazy day and I'm not sure when I'll get time to put pen to paper, so for now, her letter will be here on the blog until I can copy it into her journal.

Dear Piper,
As I sit here writing your first official birthday letter tears immediately come to my eyes. Before you were born your Daddy and I had a feeling that you were going to be something special. We knew that you would bring joy and light into the lives of others. We knew that we were going to have to share you with the world. Every second of your life on this Earth has proven to us that our suspicions were true. There is not one person you have come in contact with that you haven't been able to put a smile on their face. You love people. You enjoy smiling at anyone who looks your way. Usually your radiant smile is enough to make a grown man weak in the knees, and if that isn't enough you have just started doing a slow blink/wink that is sure to make anyone watching laugh. You love making others laugh.
This year has been full of memories. You moved two times! You have made so many friends, both adults and babies, and continue to surprise us!
Piper, you have shown that you are a little bit like Mommy in how you develop. If you can't do it perfectly yet then you'd rather just not do it. Somehow, you still hit almost all of your milestones early! What a wonderful little over achiever. You are now walking everywhere. You hardly ever crawl anymore. It is such a joy to watch you toddle around.
You are beginning to say more and more words. Today in the store I put bananas in our cart and you decided you wanted one. So, at the top of your lungs, you screamed, "NANA!" until we left the store. I love how stubborn you are.
I am astounded by how much you've changed, but by how little your personality has changed. It just strengthens my testimony that you, and all of Heavenly Father's children, are born just the way they should be. Things you loved as an infant you still love! Your personality is only developing, not changing.
In one year you have given your Daddy and I more happiness then we know what to do with. Everything we do revolves around you.
I pray that we will be able to keep your light shining bright. I worry about the world diming your sweet spirit. Daddy and I will always be here to add fuel to your light when it gets low. We love you. We love you more than you can comprehend.
Happy Birthday my Sweet Girl.

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment