Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Two Months



There goes another month. She doesn't actually turn two months until Friday, January 2nd, but we will be driving up to Rexburg that day. I can't believe it's only been two months. I think I may say that every month, but it just feels like she has been with us so much longer. How did we ever live without her?

Piper: This month she has gained a lot of weight. At her doctor's appointment yesterday she weighed 12.5 lbs! She's our little chubster. Her hair is turning strawberry blonde and her eyes are still blue. She discovered her tongue this month and likes to stick it out while she smiles. She is also blowing bubbles, which I don't think she knows she's doing, but she does it a lot. Piper is starting to smile back at us on a regular basis and she loves when we talk to her. She loves to talk to us. She loves cooing and we love cooing back. Although most members of my family would like to deny it, Auntie Em is her favorite. Sometimes I think she likes Emmah more than me, and when she's crying I'm okay with that. She still isn't sleeping through the night. In fact, she's going through a growth spurt because she's been eating every 2-3 hours at night! I was able to start pumping a few days ago so at least I'm not the only one who has to feed her.

Momma: I'm doing really good. I love being a mom. This next month I will be starting school and Caleb will be home with Piper while I'm gone. That's scary for me. I'm going to miss her so much while I'm gone. I've started pumping and that seems to be going well. I get about 3 oz from each side every time I pump.

We are so blessed to have Piper in our lives. I can't imagine our life getting any better.




No comments:

Post a Comment